- Tenkara Bum notes recommends a level line a bit shorter than rod with 3′ of tippet. Get Erik’s thoughts. Erik likes line length of rod or 1.5 x length or rod with a 1 meter tippet. Note: If I pinch line with left fingers and arm stretched out to side, one meter is almost to my right armpit – within an inch or two.
- Fluorocarbon line better? All level lines are flouro.
- When to use 2.5, 3.5, or 4.5 level line? 4.5 is easier to cast, but heaviness interferes with drift. He suggested 3.5
- Regarding rods, what are 7:3 and 6:4 references referring to? I forgot to ask, but here’s a link: Tenkara rod action
- Doe Erik ever use Japanese wet flies and techniques? Yes.