Rob talks about ‘content first’ sites and how to speed them up around the 20 minute mark or so (above video).
The above video should also be good for developing sites like HockeyBias in Angular.
Auguray Debugging tool mentioned by Papa – Injector Graph, Component Tree (and Router Tree) look cool. Can change variables’ values for testing.
He also likes writing to console and stepping through code in Google Dev tools.
Ultimate Angular 2 work shop – Wahlin & Papa – Slides, Labs Angular and TypeScript
JumpStart example by Wahlin – referenced on and off during workshop
- Lots of template-driven forms throughout, but…
- An example of Reactive Forms exists in LoginModule and LoginComponent code. Papa prefers Reactive Forms, but is not crazy about Forms in general. On the other hand, Deborah Kurata likes Reactive Forms more and has a pluralsite course about them.
They talked about ‘ng new’ (CLI) setting up karma unit testing and how easy that is opposed to using karma any other way. Also mentioned ‘ng lint’ and other ‘awesome’ CLI features.
Praised brand new (an hour ago) Angular Language Service – only works with VS Code at this point.
Tenkara casting avice from Erik Ostrander of Tenkara Guides
A) Watch videos of ‘Masami Sakakibara, aka Tenkara no-Oni‘. He has very good technique.
B) “Align your bones” from thumb through shoulder – think of a straight line from wrist to shoulder. Doing so will require less wrist-flicking to cast well. Thumb will almost point at your body.
C) Tenkara casting practice instructions from Erik:
1) Add the following to rod:
– Level line that is length of rod, 3′ of tippet, and a fly
2) Cast repeatedly until you can consistantly have fly hit the ground/water first
3) Repeat with level line 150% the length of the rod
4) Repeat with level line 200% the length of the rod
5) Aim at a plate, aim at the underside of your car.
Using Firebase With Angular by Torgeir “Tor” Helgevold (January, 2017)
Angular QuickStart Source – This repository holds the TypeScript source code of the angular.io quickstart, the foundation for most of the documentation samples and potentially a good starting point for your application.
It’s been extended with testing support so you can start writing tests immediately.
This is not the perfect arrangement for your application. It is not designed for production. It exists primarily to get you started quickly with learning and prototyping in Angular.
We are unlikely to accept suggestions about how to grow this QuickStart into something it is not. Please keep that in mind before posting issues and PRs.